Sara Taylor, BSc, MD
Welcome to my little area of the world. My family and I recently moved from Red Deer, AB to Victoria, BC. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to have lived, trained and worked in different areas throughout Canada.
I was born and raised in Saint John, NB where I completed my undergraduate degree. I completed my medical degree at the University of Western Ontario and then my residency at the University of Calgary. Subsequently, I have practiced in various clinical and non-clinical settings in both Alberta and Prince Edward Island.
As a Family Physician and being married to a Radiologist, I have grown to appreciate that everyone has their own view about wellness. Despite this, the common theme is that we all strive for it. I am passionate about achieving wellness for myself, my family, my colleagues and my community.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree with an Honours in Biology/Psychology
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Degree
- Family Medicine Residency Training Program
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Certification (CCFP)
Courses related to wellness & personal development
- Wellcoaches 6 Month Core Coach Training Program
- Basic Epidemiological Concepts – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Measurement of Health Status – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Realizing the Dream: Lifestyle Medicine Practice Management Workshop – American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Exercise is Medicine: Promoting Physical Activity for Ourselves & Our Patients – Creighton University
- Stress & the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine – Massachusetts General Hospital
- New Strategies for Treatment of Insomnia – Massachusetts General Hospital
- Various Lifestyle Medicine courses – Harvard Medical School
- Stott Pilates Essential Matwork Course
- Gotham Writers’ Workshop courses – blogging, fiction and memoir writing
Other tidbits about myself
- I believe in the benefits of mind-body exercises and completed a Stott Pilates mat course to further my understanding of the principles and advantages of this form of exercise. I try to incorporate yoga into my life more now.
- I believe in the transformational power of personal development and personal growth as a lifelong process of learning, integrating and changing.
- I believe in the need and potential impact we can have with an online presence and social media profile (namely Twitter) as professionals.
- I believe that learning is a lifelong process and have been an examiner on multiple occasions for the College of Family Physicians of Canada Certification Examination in Family Medicine.
- I believe in home-cooked meals made with whole ingredients as much as possible, so I spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen and prioritize family meals.
- Some of my favourite things to do are: walking in nature; playing games; reading (especially memoir and nonfiction); sipping red wine and conversing at the dinner table; spending time with our pets; and most of all, I love spending time with my husband and two children.
Combining my background and interests this website was born. I hope to offer inspiration, education, motivation and tools, on our journey toward living a fulfilling life.
Contact me by e-mail: dr [dot] sara [at] me [dot] com