Sara Taylor, BSc, MD
Welcome to my little area of the world. My family and I recently moved from Red Deer, AB to Victoria, BC. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to have lived, trained and worked in different areas throughout Canada.
I was born and raised in Saint John, NB where I completed my undergraduate degree. I completed my medical degree at the University of Western Ontario and then my residency at the University of Calgary. Subsequently, I have practiced in various clinical and non-clinical settings in both Alberta and Prince Edward Island.
As a Family Physician and being married to a Radiologist, I have grown to appreciate that everyone has their own view about wellness. Despite this, the common theme is that we all strive for it. I am passionate about achieving wellness for myself, my family, my colleagues and my community.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree with an Honours in Biology/Psychology
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Degree
- Family Medicine Residency Training Program
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Certification (CCFP)
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Canadian Medical Association
- Alberta Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- National Wellness Institute
- Huffington Post Alberta
Courses related to lifestyle medicine & wellness
- Wellcoaches 6 Month Core Coach Training Program
- Basic Epidemiological Concepts – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Measurement of Health Status – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Realizing the Dream: Lifestyle Medicine Practice Management Workshop – American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Exercise is Medicine: Promoting Physical Activity for Ourselves & Our Patients – Creighton University
- Stress & the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine – Massachusetts General Hospital
- New Strategies for Treatment of Insomnia – Massachusetts General Hospital
- Various Lifestyle Medicine courses – Harvard Medical School
- Stott Pilates Essential Matwork Course
Other tidbits about myself
- I love Pilates and completed a mat course to further my understanding of the principles and advantages of this mind-body form of exercise.
- I have a particular interest in personal development, as I believe attributes such as self-awareness, self-esteem, and socialization significantly impact your quality of life.
- I believe that learning is a lifelong process and have been an examiner on multiple occasions for the College of Family Physicians of Canada Certification Examination in Family Medicine.
- Another passion of mine is writing. I have completed a few courses including blogging, fiction and memoir writing through the Gotham Writers’ Workshop.
- I also enjoy traveling, cooking and golfing. I love animals and most of all, I love spending time with my husband and two children.
Combining my background and interests this website was born. I hope to offer inspiration, education and motivation on our journey to wellness and this thing called life.
Contact me by e-mail: dr [dot] sara [at] me [dot] com